Sunday 22 December 2013

Introduction

Hi there, and welcome!

I have decided to create this blog as a melting pot for my thoughts on various aspects of my hobbies. I find it quite interesting to keep track of things, and this will hopefully offer a place where I can do that. To start with though, a short introduction to what you can expect to find on this blog!

There are a fair few hobbies that I am involved with, the first and major one being wargaming. Mostly this takes the form of Warhammer Fantasy, but I occasionally dabble in other games too, Malifaux and Blood Bowl being ones I have played this year. This will be the main focus of by blog, with posts tracking my painting as well as thoughts on army lists, games played and events I go to.

The second thing I expect to write about is board gaming. Not the boring, play with your family at Christmas, Monopoly and Cluedo type board gaming, but more in the style of Euro Strategy games, such as Ticket to Ride, Settlers of Catan or Dominion. These types of games usually rely less on luck and more on planning, strategy and forethought to do well in.

Finally, and the inspiration for the title of the blog, the sport of choice that I follow is baseball. I doubt you will see many posts relating to this, but every now and again something may crop up and warrant a post or two. Especially if it involves the San Francisco Giants, my team!

I hope that there will be something interesting here for people to read. If there is, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment